Originally written by Walter McGinnis, Kete Project Lead for Katipo Communications, Ltd.
What is a Kete Theme?
Kete themes are bundles of files, such as stylesheets or image files, that change the look of your whole Kete site or just a basket. They must conform to certain conventions.
old.kete.net.nz provides a repository of themes that you may download and add to your Kete site. You'll may also contribute themes back to the Kete community by uploading them to the repository.
Themes sound cool, how can I take advantage of them?
Here are the steps to adding a new theme to your Kete site:
- acquire the theme: choose an existing theme or create your own
- upload the theme to your site
- from any basket on your site, select a theme to change its look
You need to be a site administrator on YOUR site to make new themes available there. After that administrators for each basket can select from the themes you have made available.
The default look for each basket will be determined by the theme selected for the site basket.
Besides themes, what other ways can I change the appearance of my site or basket?
- You can set the Font Family
- If your chosen a theme that accommodates an image at the top of the page as a part of it, you can point it at a different image.
How to use Kete Themes by Walter McGinnis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License